- Cosmopolitan November 2011
- Italian Vogue Portfolio
- Interview for Reflex Magazine
- Book cover "Death in Mexico" by Jonathan Woods
- Documentary " The Little Fireman " 2012 shot in Peru as a Head Photographer
- Exhibition of Underwater Photography in the Czech Republic, Prostejov
- TSKW -Underwater exhibit " Life Aquatic " in May 16th.- June 14th. 2013,
- Cover for Konk Life June 20-26 2013
- Featured photographer in Lucky Street Gallery
- Featured Pixels - El Grace Winter Queen
- One Eyeland - Home Run ( photo of the day )
- Vogue Italia - Photos
- Dark Beauty Magazine - Chelsea Wichmann
- Dark Beauty Magazine - Tears of a Goddess
- Beautiful Savage Magazine - Underwater With Romi Burianova
- Reflex Magazine - Interview
- Scorpio Jin Magazine - featured photographer
- Beautiful Savage Magazine - Frozen
- Vancouver Fashion Week 2016
Romi Burianova has been published in Vogue Italia, Cosmopolitan, Reflex, and had a gallery show entitled Life Aquatic this June at TSKW, in Kew West. Burianova’s underwater photography—aided by pristine timing and partnerships with subjects like model Chelsea Wichmann—offers up technically impressive, yet visually stunning compositions. Her aesthetic is hauntingly beautiful, dark and ethereal, with a touch of subversive humor. Excerpt from Beautiful Savages
LIFE AQUATIC at The Studios of Key West
For more than a year, photographer Romi Burianova has spent a lot of time in the water, capturing stunning and stirring underwater portraits.
This May, The Studios of Key West is pleased to present Burianova’s first professional exhibition, Life Aquatic, in the Armory Main Hall. Composed of over two dozen of Romi’s skillfully captured underwater images, the photographer calls the intriguing project,”both a passion and a risk”.
As a professional photographer with years of experience, Burianova worked to fuse the vital elements of visual storytelling, combining a photographer’s practiced eye with technical skill and imagination. She explored the qualities and complexities inherent in underwater photography, and concerned herself with weightlessness, the refraction of light, and how the slow moving currents of water shaped and shifted the elements of our above-water world.
“Water is an uncontrollable element that I wanted to try to work with,” says Burianova. “Living in Key West has given me the opportunity to see different things: the beauty of sunshine viewed from underwater, and the ability to see the world for a just a few moments from different perspective. For me, these underwater images are an expression of my enthusiasm for life.”
In Life Aquatic, the viewer will travel to an underwater world, and will see everything from a hockey player striking the winning goal, to a clown descending into black watery black depths — from a man and woman caught in a passionate embrace, to the color-drenched girl catching a runaway bicycle who became the signature image for the 2012/13 TSKW brochure.
Life Aquatic will be on view from May 16-June 14, with a reception on Thursday, May 16, from 6-9pm.